Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Bombay of US, the New York of India

I didn't see much difference in New York. The first thing that came to my mind was words of a dear friend who said, New york is similar to Bombay. Now that I have seen it, I cannot disagree with those words, hence the title.

A city of dreams, a city of opportunities, a city where a person has no names,  a city that never sleeps. My first impressions of the city were that of awe. I was dumbstuck looking at those buildings. They extend to as high the eye can see. This is when I realised to click a building you should not visit the place. You should actually go miles away from it and then click. Else you end up with just a couple of floors.

The traffic is just filled with taxi es and irate cab drivers. These cabbies honk their hearts out.
Food is too good. You find food from every corner of the world. I got a chance to taste mexican, indian, italian and american foods in the short duration I was here. Mexican the best. There are busses that take you on a day tour and night tour of the city. They have painted the buses in some countries' themes. I could spot a couple of 'Incredible India' buses as well. 

Public transport also consists of a network of underground trains called the subway. I got a chance to try out the subway, and it is very much similar to Delhi metro. If you have travelled in DMRC, you have travelled in the subway. But the life in the subway is completely colorful. you find a rich diversity. Surprising par being on Saturday nights you find the trains running full of Indians, especially the PATH route to New Jersey.

This was just about the impressions. A travelogue coming soon. Pics already posted.

1 comment:

smAARATI said...

Dear friend could not have said similar to 'Bombay' it must be 'Mumbai'. Guess bombay suits more to your blobal glog :)

Train full of inidans?? you get to feel being home quite often there...