Monday, July 11, 2011

Online since...

I went to Mumbai for the first time in Dec-2006 for the new year's. I was amazed by the city and decided to blog about it. So on January 5, 2007 this blog was born. I used to post at a different address but later on moved to this link.
My first post was ' Local trains faster than Planes, vada paav better than 5 star hotel buffet'
,inspired by a friend's post about Delhi when he was there for his training.

Why the name?
I decided to blog and at that time was deciding on a name. I saw a book (diary sorta) my wife used to maintain. It was named 'Rich-Tales' and got that idea for this blog.

Why the blog?
I wanted to maintain a diary no one at my home snooped into. An actual diary never worked. So went online. I knew they would never find out ;)

On a serious note, wanted to write a travelogue and started this as a trial. No travels happened after this Mumbai trip. Correction: I did not get a chance to travel after this Mumbai trip for about 6 months.  So moved on to maintain this as a journal for my jibber-jabber.

What else?
I got into photography by this same time. Once I thought I was ready for an SLR, after 2 years with my point and shoot, bought one and started publishing my pictures here  since Mar 9, 2009.
This was my first flickr post

Wanted to check out twitter and tried out this. Not very active there. Very Active these days.

Why this post?
Read a couple of blogs talking about their humble beginnings. So wanted to check out how long have I been blogging. It's been 4 and a half years. There it is, my humble beginning and the humble present ;)

3 comments:

Kit said...

You gave me inspiration to write about my own humble beginning! I am only 3 months older than you on my oldest one (of course I migrated from another place).

Some things I noticed in this post:
"I saw a book (diary sorta) my wife used to maintain". When I read this the first time it suddenly felt weird. Just that I have not seen you in such a long time and in between you have also got married. I have not seen the married you till now. I think this is the first time I'm seeing you using 'my wife' in a sentence.

"No travels happened after this Mumbai trip"
Huh. Yeah right. So you're in your home right now in T. Dasarahalli writing your own imaginary trips to Miami, Vegas... :)

Kim said...

Writing that line felt weird to me too. I was not married when I saw the book or started blogging. It is the first time ever I am using 'my wife' in a sentence.

What I meant by no travels happened after the Mumbai trip was not many trips immediately after that trip and I went rambling about other stuff.

Ofcourse I try to write about my trips these days, just that i am not finding time to write. I have a draft Vegas pending for nearly 2 weeks now.

Kim said...

Correction made.