Saturday, July 31, 2010

A nail biting climax.

I always wondered why this term came up. What was the origin of this term. Not to be thrown out by the word 'climax' lets concentrate on nail biting. The camera zooms out from the current webpage to our protagonist who is about to enter an IMAX cinema to watch a movie. Of course, inception. The first person narrative is just for the feel, not necessarily self experience. It is just a coincidence that I am the protagonist, I went to watch inception in IMAX.

After 3 people suggested me to watch the movie, I decided to give it a try. I bought the tickets and entered the movie hall. While entering I bought a small drink. The definition of small changes. It is the smallest of the glasses available. It can hold 1 liter of the drink. I bought this and entered the hall.

Midway through the movie the drink was done and my stomach was full. Story was also building up well on screen. 10 mins later, my stomach was still full along with my bladder. No I really had to go. I tried all sorts of stuff (censored), of no use.

These guys don't have breaks (intermission as known back home)

By the end of the movie I could not control and had to go. But the movie was interesting as well and I could not risk to blink. So I just waited for the movie to be over. By the end of the movie I realized that I was biting my nails due to the pressure (not in the movie). Finally the long long movie was over. The long long wait was over, is what I thought. But there was a long long queue in the hall for the loo. I was again biting on my nails, now that I did not have the luxury of sitting, and gravity acts in weird ways.

Finally I get to the loo, pee and get out. This was the nail biting finish

No comments: